About the Centre for Digital Humanities Uppsala
The Centre for Digital Humanities at Uppsala University (CDHU) was initiated 1 January 2021, and expands upon the activities of the Forum for Digital Humanities (2015–2017) and the Research network DH Uppsala (2018–2020). CDHU coordinates the digital transformation of Humanities and Social Sciences across Uppsala University. CDHU’s mission is threefold and covers:
- Research initiation and support (including application support and activities, seminars, and larger events)
- Pedagogies and education (workshops, courses and other support from MA level to researchers)
- Digital infrastructure to technically support research in the humanities and social sciences
What is digital humanities?
Digital Humanities (DH) refers to the interdisciplinary scientific field that combines information and communication technologies (ICT) with the arts, humanities and social sciences. As methods and tools for analysis are increasingly digital, CDHU has the ambition to strengthen DH competence for world leading research and education at Uppsala University. These needs include, for example, knowledge and understanding of available licenses, software, and engineering resources across the university, other open source solutions for humanities and HS; viable solutions for the creation and analysis of research data for the duration of research projects.
CDHU collaborates with researchers, research groups and other actors within Uppsala University, but also welcomes national and international collaboration toward innovative and ground-breaking research and research-driven education. See our ongoing collaborators and projects.
Visit our blog for ideas, research presentations and other outputs from our research network.
You are also welcome to visit our GitHub page for further resources we have been working on at the CDHU and with our collaborators.
- Anna Foka (director)
- Matts Lindström (deputy director)
- Karl Berglund (research coordinator)
- Marie Dubremetz (research engineer)
- Clelia La Monica (communications officer)
- Ekta Vats (research engineer)
- Vasiliki Tsoumari (research engineer)
- Linus Eriksson (research engineer)
- Dann Wu (research engineer)
- Drop in times: Tuesdays 10-12.00
- Engelska Parken Room 4-0027
- Ring phone 018-471 3355 (corridor is locked)
- Please feel free to contact us via our Contact Form